There is always a demand for real-estate in Livermore, California, with California being one of the strongest real estate markets in the country. For people that want to join the movement of buying homes and property, it’s important to get the help of a real estate attorney trained in protecting your rights, getting you the best legal advice when it comes to acquiring property, and much more. At Lisa Wills Law, a real estate attorney Livermore CA, we’ll help you get started on your road to real estate by providing you with some of the best legal services for your commercial or residential property!
Lisa Wills’ knowledge of real estate law and her ability to create successful outcomes is a hallmark of the firm.
The firm’s expertise in real estate law is demonstrated by Ms. Wills’ successful representation of a variety of clients consisting of individuals, joint ventures, partnerships, LLCs, corporations, sellers, buyers, investors, landlords, commercial tenants, lenders, borrowers, owners’ associations and property managers.
It is the firm’s priority to always provide clients with expert advice and information to resolve their real estate law questions and legal issues promptly and effectively while maximizing immediate opportunities, addressing current issues, and avoiding future problems. The firm’s client and attorney team approach results in valuable and productive communication that leads to consistently sound and cost effective results.
Real Estate Attorney Livermore CA Services
The firm is poised to handle all aspects of real estate law with its broad client base and extensive experience from the routine to the unique. Clients also benefit from the firm’s wide-ranging knowledge and practical understanding of the variety and scope of legal issues associated with construction, engineering and design, and business and commercial law.
Following is a sample of the firm’s real estate law services and expertise:
Transactions, Negotiation, Financing
- Purchase property
- Sell property
- Lease property
- Negotiation and preparation of loan documents and terms
- Real estate broker and agent issues
- Non-disclosure of property conditions and fraud
- Construction defects
- Title issues and escrow disputes
- Foreclosures and informal work outs
- Unsecured and secured transactions and enforcement
- Creditors’ rights and collection of unpaid receivables
What is a Real Estate Attorney?
A real estate attorney is a type of lawyer trained in practicing law for real estate issues. This can involve anything from drawing up contracts to handling issues during an acquisition, probate, and more. It’s important to know that not all lawyers are the same. While some lawyers might specialize in helping people in jail, or handling divorce cases, these lawyers aren’t trained in real estate law. It’s important to find a real estate lawyer trained in practicing real estate law, as well as one who is familiar with the real estate and property laws in your specific state.
Fortunately, we at the Law Office of Lisa Wills understand the real estate laws as they apply to California and Livermore, CA. Our knowledge of real estate laws in Livermore, CA makes it easy for us to handle legal disputes within the city regarding real estate.
Some of the many services our real estate lawyer can provide include the following.
Looking over contracts during the buying and selling process is an important step to take. Contracts contain a wide number of legal phrases, such as “Joint ownership with rights of survivorship” or simply “Joint ownership.”
But what do all of these phrases mean? Unfortunately, many people won’t take the time to talk to a real estate lawyer out of fear it will impede the buying and selling process of a home.
While it is important to jump on real estate opportunities if you’re an investor, it’s also important to hire a real estate attorney in Livermore, CA, that can look over your contracts and ensure you stay protected.
Our legal team can help you decipher language within your contracts, make sure that all terms are up-to-date, and ensure these services are conducted in a timely manner so you can get your home or commercial property sooner rather than later.
If you’re new to home buying, you might have heard of the term “closing.” When someone is closing on a home, it means the bank has already determined the person is a good fit for the property and is ready to transfer the property into their name with the help of a mortgage.
During the closing process, you will, more than likely, be battling with the real estate company or homeowner for fair prices. These are known as closing costs, and they can range in the thousands to tens of thousands of dollars!
These closing costs can include things such as:
- Property taxes
- Real estate commission
- Escrow charge
- Pest inspection
Sadly, some fraudulent sellers might take this opportunity to scam you out of more money than you owe. People might not bother to look over these closing costs twice, and might be eager to finish the buying process.
Make sure to contact our real estate lawyer office for any questions about your closing costs and to prevent being overcharged.
When to Call a Real Estate Lawyer
There are many situations where it pays to have a real estate lawyer on-hand. These include:
- When buying a property in probate: This means that the property was left in a will and is now being sold. However, certain factors such as the title must be settled before purchasing a property, or else lead to legal issues later on. Have an attorney on hand when buying a residential or commercial property in probate.
- When buying commercial property: Keep in mind the process for purchasing a commercial property will be different than purchasing a residential property. A real estate lawyer can help you make the best financial and legal decisions when it comes to purchasing both commercial and residential properties.
- Trouble with tenants: California has one of the most protective laws for squatters, tenants, and renters. While these laws help protect these people against would-be fraudulent landlords, they also make it difficult to evict renters that are truly causing havoc to your property. Make sure to find the best real estate legal representation in Livermore, CA, so you can keep your property safe and evict tenants legally.
- If you suspect fraud: Real-estate investment opportunities are some of the best to partake in, especially in California. However, if an opportunity sounds too good to be true, such a property for sale at a low price, contact a real estate lawyer to be safe. Your real estate lawyer can offer you advice, such as the pros and cons of buying a property, or if you should avoid purchasing a commercial or legal property altogether.
What If I Don’t Use a Real Estate Attorney?
Not using a real estate attorney puts you at risk of signing contracts that can come back to haunt you, whether that’s during a divorce or when trying to sell your property.
You might also end up paying more money than necessary or spending more time than necessary on a real estate legal issue.
Get the Best Legal Representation With Lisa Wills
At the Law Office of Lisa Wills, you’ll have access to the best real estate attorney Livermore CA services so that you can have peace of mind with your next property transaction! Call us today to get started with a consultation, and to answer any and all concerns you might have over residential properties, commercial properties, evictions, acquisitions, and much more.