It is extremely important to keep accurate and current business records of your corporation or limited liability company (LLC) activities. California statutes require business entities such as LLCS and corporations to create, keep and maintain particular types of documents. Categories of the type of records that must be kept by these entities include but are not limited to:
1) Formation documents including Articles of Incorporation (for corporations) or Articles of Organization (for LLCs)
2) Operating documents consisting of Bylaws (corporations) or Operating Agreements (LLCs)
3) Ownership records- stock certificates (corporations) or membership certificates (LLCs)
4) Minutes to record actions taken by the entity
5) Financial and tax records
We are skilled in business related issues to assist your entity in maintaining the required and appropriate documents for the business to make sure all the entity is in compliance. For sound legal advice, contact us at (925) 463-9000 or send an email.
Lisa Wills of the Law Offices of Lisa D. Wills is an experienced business law attorney in Pleasanton, CA helping educate business owners to make good decisions regarding their businesses. If you have questions concerning any aspect of your business, contact Lisa Wills at the Law Offices of Lisa D. Wills at (925) 463-9000 or sent an email.