- To assist with negotiation of the essential terms of the contract, prepare a term sheet or letter of understanding to be sure that the parties are in agreement regarding the essential terms before time and effort is spent on contract preparation.
- Retain a skilled business attorney to draft company documents and contracts with the company’s best interests in mind.
- Discuss and negotiate necessary changes in the initial drafts and circulate revised drafts for review and finalization.
- Determine who has authority to sign the particular contract.
- Make sure that the transaction is concluded in a manner where all contracts and related documents are executed and exchanged and any required performance at the closing (such as cash payments) is completed.
- Make sure that copies are delivered to all interested parties.
- Calendar any dates that may require follow up action, such as performance milestones and option elections.
- Plan for ongoing review of the performance of each of the parties under the terms of the contract, at least in those cases where the contract is long-term and calls for continuous performance over an extended period of time.
Hire an Attorney to Safeguard the Interest of your Business
Our experience can help to educate you and your company regarding transactions that affect the business. We prepare a wide variety of contracts and documents for all of your business needs. Our strong legal advice can help business owners and businesses keep their attention on the business and avoid costly legal issues. Contact us with questions and concerns at (925) 463-9000 or send an email.
Lisa Wills of the Law Offices of Lisa D. Wills is an experienced business attorney who practices law in Pleasanton, San Ramon, Dublin, Livermore, Danville, Castro Valley and Hayward, CA. Please contact Lisa Wills by email at the Law Offices of Lisa D. Wills or call (925) 463-9000.