You may have heard the importance of “location, location, location” regarding real estate. This also applies to deciding where to locate a new or existing business.
Types of Business Buildings and Space
There are different types of business properties including industrial or warehouse, retail and shopping centers, and many varieties of commercial office buildings.
Commercial office buildings are grouped into three classes representing the quality rating of buildings. Factors include the rent, building finishes, building amenities and location. Building amenities include services that are convenient to tenants such as dining facilities, copying services, mail collection, gyms or child care.
- Class A is the most prestigious buildings. Buildings typically have high quality standard finishes, state of the art systems, and accessibility.
- Class B buildings have rents in the average range for the area. Building finishes are fair to good for the area and systems are adequate.
- Class C office buildings typically cater to tenants looking for functional space at rents below the average for the area.
Where to Locate the Business
Considerations in deciding where to locate your business includes:
- What will the space be used for?
- Is accessibility important to a trained workforce, transportation or other needs?
- Does the business have live meetings with customers or clients?
- Is the business location convenient for clients or customers?
- What impression do you want the space to convey?
- Are individual offices of varying sizes needed for employees?
- Is there room for the business to grow?
- Is an expansive conference room needed for large meetings?
- Is there adequate parking?
Hire an Attorney to Assist with your Business Decisions
We are skilled in helping business owners. Our experience can help to educate you about how to get your business started and keep your business operating successfully. Contact us at (925) 463-9000 or send an email.
Lisa Wills of the Law Offices of Lisa D. Wills is an experienced business law attorney in Pleasanton, CA helping to educate new and existing business owners to be able to make good decisions regarding their business practices and operations. If you want solid legal assistance regarding your business, contact Lisa Wills, Law Offices of Lisa D. Wills at (925) 463-9000 or send an email.