Construction Lawfor Pleasanton, San Ramon & Livermore
Construction Law for Design and Engineering Professionals in Pleasanton, San Ramon & Livermore
Both private and public sector clients benefit from the experience Attorney Lisa D. Wills brings to her clients in the construction, design and engineering professions.
Extensive experience with Construction Law
The firm has extensive practical experience with construction law as it relates to the construction industry, and the legal complexities associated with the engineering, design, and construction aspects of the various types of building projects including individual homes, large scale residential developments, public works projects, underground pipelines and installations, office buildings, and shopping centers.
Construction Law expertise for any stage of the construction process
Our construction law expertise is a vital resource for individuals, businesses, municipalities and public agencies involved with any phase of the construction process, including engineering and design services, where legal issues, potential liability, and litigation poses a particularly costly risk.
The firm has protected and defended clients in all aspects of mediation, arbitration, and litigation. The firm is equipped with a thorough knowledge of real estate law and general business and commercial law to further assist clients with additional legal issues that are frequently associated with the construction, design, and engineering professions.
For more than 20 years, Attorney Lisa Wills has provided commercial and residential services for the private and public sectors including:
- Drafting, negotiation, interpretation and enforcement of construction related documents including contracts and requests for proposals
- Change orders and extra work requests
- Mechanics’ Liens, Preliminary Notices & Stop Notices
- Bid preparation, review, award, and disputes
- Construction management agreements
- Preparation of consulting agreements for architects, engineers, and design professionals
- Negotiation for the public and private sectors
- Differing site conditions
- Contaminated soil
- Contract termination for default, delay, and abandonment of work
- Performance of work issues
- Deficiencies in design and workmanship
- Causes and consequences of settlement, earth movement, drainage, and water infiltration
- Claims, contract performance, bond and insurance
- Defense and enforcement of Mechanics’ Liens
- Architect, engineer and design professional liability prosecution and defense
- Construction defects
- Non-disclosure of property conditions and fraud
- Product liability regarding construction materials
- Public and private works
- Commercial and residential purchases, sales, and leases
- Creditors’ rights and collection of unpaid receivables