Selecting a Successful New Business Location
When you are starting a business, it is important to decide where the business will be located. Office space is grouped into three classes. These classes represent a subjective quality rating of buildings. Factors include the amount of rent, building finishes, system standards and efficiency, building amenities, and location. Building amenities include services that are convenient to building tenants. Examples include dining facilities, copying services, mail collection, gyms or child care. A general guideline of office building classifications is:
- Class A is the most prestigious buildings competing for premier office users with rents above average for the area. Buildings have high quality standard finishes, state of the art systems, exceptional accessibility and a definite market presence.
- Class B buildings compete for users with rents in the average range for the area. Building finishes are fair to good for the area. Building finishes are fair to good for the area and systems are adequate. Building rents are typically lower than for a Class A building.
- Class C office buildings contend vie for tenants looking for functional space at rents below the average for the area.
Some considerations in determining where to locate your business includes:
- What do you need in space for your business?
- Is access needed for a trained workforce, transportation or other specific needs?
- Does your business involve frequent live meetings with customers or clients?
- Is the business location convenient for clients or customers?
- What impression do you want your business space to convey?
- Are individual offices of varying sizes needed for your employees?
- Is there room for the business to grow?
- Do you want an expansive conference room for large meetings?
- Is there adequate parking?
Hire an Attorney to Assist with your Business
We are skilled in helping business owners. Our experience can help to educate you about how to get your business started. Contact us at (925) 463-9000 or send an email.
Lisa Wills of the Law Offices of Lisa D. Wills is an experienced business law attorney in Pleasanton, CA helping educate prospective business owners to make good decisions regarding their business practices and operations. If you want solid legal assistance regarding your business, contact Lisa Wills, Law Offices of Lisa D. Wills at (925) 463-9000 or send an email.