- Having one real estate agent/broker represent you and the other side when you are purchasing property.
- Not reading all of the Purchase and Sale documents.
- Refusing to ask your real estate agent questions about the property and process.
- Putting down a large initial deposit.
- Declining to have the property thoroughly inspected.
- Accepting a property “as is.”
- Failing to catch “red flags” about potentially serious property conditions.
- Signing off on the inspections and property disclosures without reading the documents.
- Failure to understand the loan documents, your payments and obligations.
- Skipping a final walk through after work has been performed and before closing.
Do not make these mistakes. They can cost you time and money to fix. Call us at (925) 463-9000 or send an email to get guidance about how to avoid problems in your real property purchase.
Lisa Wills, of the Law Offices of Lisa D. Wills, is a qualified real estate attorney in Pleasanton, California helping educate real estate buyers and sellers so they can minimize transaction complications. Contact Lisa Wills by email or (925) 463-9000 to help avoid costly mistakes.